Saturday, January 14, 2017

2017 Watch Out

This time of year is a reset for everyone!  You get to create new goals, redefine who you are and set intentions for your life.  The possibilities are endless, right?  January is the time to start.


For this year, I've started by just doing... I signed up for a 28 day cleanse to give me fuel for this new year.  It's the first time I've ever done a cleanse.  Honestly, I could live a happy life based on coffee, wine and pizza.  It would be perfect, but the scale doesn't agree.  I truly enjoy food and have always struggled with dieting.  I felt the need to jump in and try something that would make me feel energized, less 'puffy' and perhaps, lighter.  Seaweed, kale and nuts aren't my cup of tea, but I'll give it a try.  Embrace new things in 17, right?  The other appealing approach of this cleanse is the addition of meditation and yoga as a foundation.  I really enjoy yoga practice in addition to weight training and cardio and feel it will be a great compliment to this new venture/lifestyle.


  



Getting more organized is #2... I purchased the Quilters Planner in 2017.  It's a calendar filled with inspiring quotes, beautiful quilts and their patterns from different designers that can be downloaded in the form of an online book.  I've already jumped ahead and made August's quilt top, Canvas Lines. Take a peak below to see my version with Carolyn Friedlanders fabric along with the original by Meadow Mist Designs.  I've also begun sewing their featured weekly blocks!  I believe these are free patterns for everyone.
The first block of January is Unnamed, by 
Jane Armstrong of Jolly and Delilah.











Here's to 2017!  May it bring joy, good health and a creative full life.
I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jen 



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blue and white quilt top! Can't wait to see it quilted.
    Good luck with the cleanse!

    ReplyDelete