Thursday, June 9, 2016

Summer fireflies

This Friday finish is a baby quilt featuring Sarah Jane's fabric from her line, Wee Wander.  


This quilt is inspired by the free pattern from Freshly Handmade.



I recently purchased some new labels from JJ Labels!
Love how they turned out.  You can customize your own labels on her website.  I did try using the website, Spoonflower to create labels, but found their editing tools difficult to use.  Has anyone else experienced this?  

As for a Friday start, I've recently joined the Summer Sampler 2016 quilt along!  You can join any time here at Freshly Pieced.
You receive one pdf per week featuring a block from 10 different designers and 7 bloggers.  You can join anytime!
Here are my first two blocks...


 Funny how you pick up on mistakes after you take a pic?
Anyone notice this in the block above?  
I'm using left over fabric from Miss Kate and Day Sail.
Have a great weekend!

Jen





5 comments:

  1. I LOVE that Wee Wander fabric! and the quilt you made is so sweet..had a peek at the post right before this one and I see you made another with more adorable border print fabric. Yep, did notice something wasn't quite right with the green block...kind of like those escaped threads that don't show until you upload the photo to your blog post right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wee Wander is on my short list of favorite fabric ever! I've made two quilts with it so far. Yours is lovely.
    Looks like a simple fix for the top row of your block...lucky you! Perhaps I see the error because I've been participating in the Summer Sampler QAL and have been studying what people have been doing with this block. So many options! I love them all and am now planning a whole quilt with just this Summer Slice block.
    I'm looking to buy small tag labels for my quilts and am off to check out JJLabels. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Wee Wander line, that's cool how you've used the grey in the HSTs. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet little quilt, love your quilting on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you are a Sarah Jane fan too ! Beautiful finish !

    ReplyDelete