Saturday, July 4, 2015

Summer Quilt Finish!

This is my first "herringbone quilt".  I loved doing this one because it challenged me to up my quilting skills.


Solid fabrics are less forgiving when striving for matching your points up.  I gave myself some rules to follow for this one.
Slow down....
Square up those HSTs....
Use my pins....
STARCH.... what a difference that makes.







I am thankful for the quilting blogs out there that share helpful hints for fellow quilters.  The little things really do make a difference to create a crisp beautiful quilt that you'll be proud of.
A few of the lovely blogs I read often are:
Cluck Cluck Sew
Film in the Fridge
Red Pepper Quilts
Noodlehead
Freshly Pieced
Crazy Mom Quilts
Oh Fransson
Fresh Lemons

Here's the finished quilt below....



This one is listed in my etsy shop, Pretty in the Port 
 just in time for the 4th of July!
Happy Summer!




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt! Love the simplicity and the backing fabric is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! Love the simplicity and the backing fabric is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete